INCA Gujarat Branch
INCA Gujarat Branch was formed in March-1999. At present INCA Gujarat Branch has 74 life members and 3 institution members. During 11 years of its existence INCA Gujarat Branch has grown by approximately 7 times and is in position to take up more activities related to popularisation and research in the field of Cartography as a discipline.
Minutes of first meeting of INCA Gujarat Branch held at Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad on April 06' 1999
The first meeting of INCA Gujarat Branch took place in the premises of Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad on April 06' 1999. Agenda for this meeting was circulated by Shri A.R Dasgupta in advance to the members as per the list supplied by Secretary, INCA. Agenda is given in Annexure l. The list of participants is given in Annexure 2.
The following deliberations took place and relevant actions identified:
1. Sh. A.R Dasgupta, Vice President, INCA and Deputy Director, SIIPA, Space Applications Centre, Ahmedabad coordinated the proceedings. He explained that Gujarat Chapter of INCA is formed at the instance of INCA Executive Committee which has also nominated him as Member-in-charge of this branch.
2. Present members were requested to introduce themselves to each other. Totally 11 members representing three cities viz. Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Vadodara were present.
3. Sh. A.R Dasgupta read out the bylaws of INCA concerning the formation and functioning of Chapters. He informed that Director, SAC has granted permission to use SAC facilities for offices of INCA Gujarat Branch. Address of INCA Gujarat Branch shall henceforth be
INCA Gujarat Branch
Telephone: +91-79-6762381,6761188, 6740256
4. As per the Bye-laws of the INCA the member-in-charge acts as Chairman of the Managing Committee. Names of the following members were proposed and unanimously agreed as members of managing committee for the year 1999-2000:
i. Dr. P.K. Srivastava, Head SPDD/SIPG, SAC, Ahmedabad
Dr. P.K. Srivastava was nominated to act as Secretary cum Treasurer of the branch or the year.
5. It was decided that Gujarat Branch of INCA will organize the GeoMap Quiz. As dictated by the time table of events towards INCA Congress, it is necessary to do this by end of July 1999. It was agreed that the event will be held in collaboration with other scientific societies with similar objectives like ISG, ISRS, IMSA functioning in Gujarat. The following committee was formed to work out the feasibility and details of organizing the quiz and coordinating the activity:
i. Sh. N.S. Shikarwar, Convener,
Dr. R NandaKumar, Member, INCA Executive was requested to obtain further details and guidance on logistics from INCA regarding conducting of this activity.
6. The following team was identified to work out contents and possible schedule for conducting GIS training at Ahmedabad:
i. Dr. K.L. Majumder, Convenor,
Sh. A.R Dasgupta was requested to confirm from INCA executive whether the GIS training has to be organized on behalf of INCA or as Chapter activity.
7. As one of the conditions for formation of INCA chapter, it is necessary to take up INCA membership drive at Gujarat level. It was agreed that the occasions of Chapter activities will be used as occasions for arranging membership drive. Also Sh. A.R Dasgupta was requested to contact various organizations and individuals in Gujarat for this.
8. It was agreed that the chapter will attempt to arrange a popular talk on Cartographic applications by an eminent personality. Sh. A.R Dasgupta was requested to do the needful.
9. It was suggested that a study group should be set up to prepare a document on open outstanding problems in the field of cartography. Sh. A.R Dasgupta and Dr: R NandaKumar were requested to take up this matter in INCA executive.
10. The meeting ended with a vote of thanks to Director, SAC for granting permission to open INCA Gujarat Branch office in SAC and for hosting lunch for the occasion.
Agenda for the first meeting of INCA Gujarat Branch
List of members present during first meeting of INCA Gujarat branch
Dr. PK Srivastav
Secretary cum Treasurer
Minutes approved by
Sh. AR Dasgupta